TOGAF 9 Professional Certification takes two forms:
• TOGAF 9 Foundation. This provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology and basic concepts of TOGAF 9 and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
• TOGAF 9 Certified. This certification provides validation that in addition to knowledge and comprehension, the candidate is able to analyze and apply knowledge of TOGAF
To provide a management overview of TOGAF, an Open Group Standard
– The Open Group
– The Architecture Forum
– Why enterprise architecture
– Why a framework
– TOGAF 9.1
– TOGAF 9 Certification
TOGAF is a framework - a detailed method and a set of supporting tools - for developing an enterprise architecture. It may be used freely by any organization wishing to develop an enterprise architecture for use within that organization.
TOGAF is developed and maintained by members of The Open Group, working within the Architecture Forum (refer to www.opengroup.org/architecture). The original development of TOGAF Version 1 in 1995 was based on the Technical Architecture Framework for Information Management (TAFIM), developed by the US Department of Defense (DoD). The DoD gave The Open Group explicit permission and encouragement to create TOGAF by building on the TAFIM, which itself was the result of many years of development effort and many millions of dollars of US Government investment.
Starting from this sound foundation, the members of The Open Group Architecture Forum have developed successive versions of TOGAF and published each one on The Open Group public web site.
If you are new to the field of enterprise architecture and/or TOGAF, you are recommended to read the Executive Overview (refer to 1.2 Executive Overview), where you will find answers to questions such as:
• What is an enterprise?
• Why do I need an enterprise architecture?
• Why do I need TOGAF as a framework for enterprise architecture?
• Individuals who require a basic understanding of TOGAF 9 • Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery and operation • Architects who are looking for a first introduction to TOGAF 9 • Architects who want to achieve Level 2 certification in a stepwise approach. • Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9; • Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives; • Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts; • Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9 into an architecture practice; • Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9.
About Telkom Professional Certification Center
Sebagai perwujudan dedikasi PT. Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Tbk (PT. TELKOM) terhadap
pendidikan, dan melalui Yayasan Pendidikan Telkom (YPT), maka pada tanggal 15 Agustus 2008
didirikan Telkom Professional Development Center (Telkom PDC) dan Telkom Professional
Certification Center (TelkomPCC) pada tanggal 27 Agustus 2012.
Untuk meningkatkan layanan maka dilakukan penggabungan antara Telkom PDC dan TelkomPCC
menjadi Telkom Professional Certification Center (TelkomPCC) pada tanggal 1 Maret 2016.
TelkomPCC berada dibawah pengelolaan Telkom Foundation untuk melaksanakan fungsi sebagai
Center of Certification & Center of Competence Development melalui layanan pelatihan,
sertifikasi & konsultasi dibidang Information, Communication, Technology, Business &
TelkomPCC bukan hanya melayani Telkom Group namun juga melayani perusahaan lain &
masyarakat umum yang membutuhkan peningkatan kompetensinya.