This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
• Types of wireless networking standards and their characteristics (802.11a,b,g,n, including different GHz ranges), types of network security (WPA, WEP, 802.1X, and others), point-to-point (P2P) wireless, wireless bridging
• Transmission speed, number and type of ports, number of uplinks, speed of uplinks, managed or unmanaged switches, VLAN capabilities, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches and security options, hardware redundancy, support, backplane speed, switching types and MAC table, understand capabilities of hubs versus switches
• Transmission speed considerations, directly connected routes, static routing, dynamic routing (routing protocols), default routes; routing table and how it selects best route(s); routing table memory, network address translation (NAT), software routing in Windows Server; Quality of Service (QoS)
• Cable types and their characteristics, including media segment length and speed; fiber optic; twisted pair shielded or nonshielded; catxx cabling, wireless; susceptibility to external interference (machinery and power cables); susceptibility to electricity (lightning), susceptibility to interception
• OSI model; Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) model; examples of devices, protocols, applications, and which OSI/TCP layer they belong to; TCP and User Datagram Protocol (UDP); well-known ports for most used purposes (not necessarily Internet); packets and frames
• Subnetting, IPconfig, why use Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4), addressing, ipv4toipv6 tunneling protocols to ensure backward compatibility, dual IP stack, subnetmask, gateway, ports, packets, reserved address ranges for local use (including local loopback IP)
• Subnetting, IPconfig, why use IPv6, addressing, ipv4toipv6 tunneling protocols to ensure backward compatibility, dual IP stack, subnetmask, gateway, ports, packets, reserved address ranges for local use (including local loopback IP)
• Tools (such as ping), tracert, pathping, Telnet, IPconfig, netstat, reserved address ranges for local use (including local loopback IP), protocols
• Practice Activities
• Case Studies
• Pre test
• Post test
This exam is designed to provide candidates with an assessment of their knowledge of fundamental networking concepts. It can also serve as a stepping stone to the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) exams. Candidates for this exam are seeking to prove fundamental networking knowledge and skills. Before taking this exam, candidates should have a solid foundational knowledge of the topics outlined in this preparation guide. It is recommended that candidates become familiar with the concepts and the technologies described here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some hands-on experience with Windows Server, Windows-based networking, network management tools, DNS, TCP/IP, names resolution process, and network protocols and topologies.
About Telkom Professional Certification Center
Sebagai perwujudan dedikasi PT. Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Tbk (PT. TELKOM) terhadap
pendidikan, dan melalui Yayasan Pendidikan Telkom (YPT), maka pada tanggal 15 Agustus 2008
didirikan Telkom Professional Development Center (Telkom PDC) dan Telkom Professional
Certification Center (TelkomPCC) pada tanggal 27 Agustus 2012.
Untuk meningkatkan layanan maka dilakukan penggabungan antara Telkom PDC dan TelkomPCC
menjadi Telkom Professional Certification Center (TelkomPCC) pada tanggal 1 Maret 2016.
TelkomPCC berada dibawah pengelolaan Telkom Foundation untuk melaksanakan fungsi sebagai
Center of Certification & Center of Competence Development melalui layanan pelatihan,
sertifikasi & konsultasi dibidang Information, Communication, Technology, Business &
TelkomPCC bukan hanya melayani Telkom Group namun juga melayani perusahaan lain &
masyarakat umum yang membutuhkan peningkatan kompetensinya.