This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
• Support Windows To Go; manage boot settings, including native virtual hard disk (VHD) and multiboot; manage desktop images; customize a Windows installation by using Windows Preinstallation Environment (PE)
• Desktop app compatibility using Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), including shims and compatibility database; desktop application co-existence using Hyper-V, RemoteApp, and App-V; installation and configuration of User Experience Virtualization (UE-V); deploy desktop apps by using Windows Intune
• Install and manage software by using Office 365 and Windows Store apps; sideload apps by using Windows Intune; sideload apps into online and offline images; deep link apps by using Windows Intune; integrate Microsoft account, including personalization settings and Trusted PC
• IPv4 and IPv6, including transition technologies; names resolution, including Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRP) and Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSECs); wireless networks and connections; network security, including Windows Firewall and IP security
• Multi-factor authentication, including certificates, virtual smart cards, picture passwords, and biometrics; workgroup versus domain, homegroup, computer and user authentication, including secure channel, account policies, credential caching, and Credential Manager; local account versus Microsoft account; Workplace Join
• Permissions, including share, NTFS, and Dynamic Access Control (DAC); Encrypting File System (EFS), including Data Recovery Agent; access to removable media; BitLocker and BitLocker To Go, including Data Recovery Agent and Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
• Resolve hardware and device issues, including STOP errors and Reliability Monitor; optimize performance by using Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT), including Xperf.exe, Xbootmgr.exe, XperfView.exe, and Windows Performance Recorder (WPR); monitor performance by using Data Collector Sets, Task Manager, and Resource Monitor; monitor and manage printers, including NFC Tap-to-Pair and printer sharing; remediate startup issues by using the Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT)
• Support mobile device policies, including security policies, remote access, and remote wipe; support mobile access and data synchronization, including Work Folders and Sync Center; support broadband connectivity, including broadband tethering and metered networks; support Mobile Device Management by using Windows Intune, including Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, iOS, and Android
• Manage updates by using Windows Update and Windows Intune, including non-Microsoft updates; manage client security by using Windows Defender, Windows Intune Endpoint Protection, or Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection; manage Internet Explorer 11 security; support Group Policy application, including Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP), policy processing, and Group Policy caching
• Manage user and computer groups; configure monitoring and alerts; manage policies; manage remote computers
• Practice Activities
• Case Studies
• Pre test
• Post test
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who configure or support Windows 8 computers, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as domain-based or peer-to-peer environments with access to the Internet and cloud services. The IT professional could be a consultant, a full-time desktop support technician, or an IT generalist who administers Windows 8–based computers and devices as a portion of their broader technical responsibilities.
About Telkom Professional Certification Center
Sebagai perwujudan dedikasi PT. Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Tbk (PT. TELKOM) terhadap
pendidikan, dan melalui Yayasan Pendidikan Telkom (YPT), maka pada tanggal 15 Agustus 2008
didirikan Telkom Professional Development Center (Telkom PDC) dan Telkom Professional
Certification Center (TelkomPCC) pada tanggal 27 Agustus 2012.
Untuk meningkatkan layanan maka dilakukan penggabungan antara Telkom PDC dan TelkomPCC
menjadi Telkom Professional Certification Center (TelkomPCC) pada tanggal 1 Maret 2016.
TelkomPCC berada dibawah pengelolaan Telkom Foundation untuk melaksanakan fungsi sebagai
Center of Certification & Center of Competence Development melalui layanan pelatihan,
sertifikasi & konsultasi dibidang Information, Communication, Technology, Business &
TelkomPCC bukan hanya melayani Telkom Group namun juga melayani perusahaan lain &
masyarakat umum yang membutuhkan peningkatan kompetensinya.